Dr. Mana Charkhandeh has a Ph.D. in Psychology of Child Development, with a M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology Science and Research. Mana Charkhandeh brings more than 8 years of psychotherapy and mental health experience to Dr. Michael Dadson’s clinic at Gentle Currents Therapy, treating adults, children and families.
- Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Certified Canadian Counsellor with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Fluent in Farsi or Persian native language
Dr. Mana Charkhandeh has worked at various therapy centers providing counselling for a broad spectrum of mood disorders including: panic disorders, depression, anxiety, emotions and perceptions disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), sleep and eating disorders, substance use disorders, behavioral difficulties and family conflict.
Dr. Mana Charkhandeh is highly experienced in Psychological testing and assessment. Dr. Charkhandeh is skilled in working with a variety of therapeutic counselling interventions inclusive of: narrative therapy, brief solution-focused therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), and hypnotherapy. Striving to successfully provide social skills training to reduce distress and deliver coping abilities, Dr. Mana Charkhandeh supports and enhances the mental health of her clients.
Dr. Charkhandeh is experienced with children and youth who are affected by: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD).
In addition, Dr. Mana Charkhandeh has provided psychotherapy and psychosocial assessments for clients who need support for mental health issues as a result of car accidents, work place injuries, or third party funded services.
To read more about Dr. Mana Charkhandeh professional development, affiliations, certifications, additional training, and areas of interest, follow the link below.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English, Farsi or Persian (native language) with strong interpersonal skills and works collaboratively with a dynamic team
- Training in Self-Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
- Risk assessments for criminal and sexual offenders (Forensic Psychological
Assessment) & writing psychological parole & third-party reports
- Membership with The Canadian Art Therapy Association, OPA and CPA
- Certificate in First Aid and CPR